Re: [linux-dell-laptops] x problem after suspend

  • James D Strandboge
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 14:39, jubeiyagu17 wrote:
      > for some reason if my laptop goes into suspend and then comes out,
      > the everything on the screen is kinda cut in half and then flipped,
      > so the bottom half is on the top and the top half is on the bottom.
      > also after the screen flips all of the "buttons" have remained in
      > place which just makes shutting down the x server that much harder
      >
      > well thats my current problem, if anyone has had this problem or
      > knows the solution to it please email me

      I have had this problem, but not just coming out of suspend. It was
      just trying to get into and out of the setup screens (eg Fn+F1). Wish I
      had the solution, but I only recently started having this problem.

      It seems crazy, but I think it might be related to the dvd/cdrw-- it
      doesn't seem to happen unless there is a disk in the drive. Mind you,
      this is just a hypothesis, and is in no way intended to be the
      definitive cause or explanation.

      Jamie Strandboge
    • jamesots
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "jubeiyagu17" <jubeiyagu17@y...>
        wrote:
        > for some reason if my laptop goes into suspend and then comes out,
        > the everything on the screen is kinda cut in half and then
        flipped,
        > so the bottom half is on the top and the top half is on the
        bottom.
        > also after the screen flips all of the "buttons" have remained in
        > place which just makes shutting down the x server that much harder
        >
        > well thats my current problem, if anyone has had this problem or
        > knows the solution to it please email me

        I used to get that problem, but I haven't for a while. I don't know
        what I've done to change it though!

        What version of the graphics drivers do you have? (And which
        graphics card?) I have 1.0-2960 installed - but I had to hack the
        kernel driver so that it would allow the laptop to suspend.

        --
        Cheers
        James Ots
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
          On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 07:06, jamesots wrote:
          > --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "jubeiyagu17" <jubeiyagu17@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > for some reason if my laptop goes into suspend and then comes out,
          > > the everything on the screen is kinda cut in half and then
          > flipped,
          > > so the bottom half is on the top and the top half is on the
          > bottom.
          > > also after the screen flips all of the "buttons" have remained in
          > > place which just makes shutting down the x server that much harder
          > >
          > > well thats my current problem, if anyone has had this problem or
          > > knows the solution to it please email me
          >
          > I used to get that problem, but I haven't for a while. I don't know
          > what I've done to change it though!
          >
          > What version of the graphics drivers do you have? (And which
          > graphics card?) I have 1.0-2960 installed - but I had to hack the
          > kernel driver so that it would allow the laptop to suspend.

          I figured I'd respond to this too since I have the same problem. I have
          the latest drivers with the kernel hack to suspend. I have the original
          BIOS though.

          Jamie Strandboge
        • l1nuxn1nja
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 24, 2002
            --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., James D Strandboge <jstrand1@r...> wrote:

            > I figured I'd respond to this too since I have the same problem. I have
            > the latest drivers with the kernel hack to suspend. I have the
            original BIOS though.

            What kernel hack did you have to do to get suspend working for you?
            And what laptop do you have (and what distro?)

            Thanks!