Re: [linux-dell-laptops] PCMCIA wireless linux compatible for Inspiron 2500

  • Stephen Lau
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
      hi sergio,
      just answered this in another post. :) any card based on the orinoco
      chipset (Lucent WaveLan/IEEE), or the Intersil Prism2 (LinkSys) chipsets should
      work fine.

      -steve

      On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 04:22:43PM -0000, giosoftware wrote:
      > Hi forum.
      > I have a inspiron 2500 with Mandrake 8.2
      > I tried many things, but my PCMCIA Target Networks 24011 don't run in
      > linux.
      > I want a buy a new PCMCIA. Which PCMCIA linux compatible do you
      > recomended me? better wireless.
      >
      > Thanks.
      > Sergio Martín
      > Barcelona. Spain

      stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21
      http://www.whacked.net/oss/ldl
    • Norm
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
        Stephen Lau wrote:

        > hi sergio,
        > just answered this in another post. :) any card based on the orinoco
        > chipset (Lucent WaveLan/IEEE), or the Intersil Prism2 (LinkSys) chipsets should
        > work fine.
        >
        > -steve
        >
        > On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 04:22:43PM -0000, giosoftware wrote:
        >
        >>Hi forum.
        >>I have a inspiron 2500 with Mandrake 8.2
        >>I tried many things, but my PCMCIA Target Networks 24011 don't run in
        >>linux.
        >>I want a buy a new PCMCIA. Which PCMCIA linux compatible do you
        >>recomended me? better wireless.
        >>
        >>Thanks.
        >>Sergio Martín
        >>Barcelona. Spain

        I just bought a Belkin card (F5D6020u) and it worked straight out of the
        box with Mandrake 8.1 on my i4100.

        HTH
        Norm.
      • giosoftware
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2002
          Anyone knows if there are any PCMCIA Ethernet 10/100T and Wireless
          include, 2 in one.

          Thanks.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/