cant find linux media on installation cd......

  • madgoks
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      hi ....

      i've been around looking at messages on this group for quite some
      time..... now i have a problem here that i cant sort out..... can
      someone pls help me?

      i recently got a i82k. i recently got a set of red hat 7.3 cds from
      a friend. he downloaded them for me.... now when i try to install i
      can boot from the first cd and i get around to choosing the language
      scene before it tells me that it cannot find the cd containing the
      linux media.... i booted from the cdrom so it sounds more strange...

      then i did a ctrl+alt+f4 and found some messages that said...
      >cant find ext2fs on dev....
      can this be because the cds are using a joliet fs that linux cant
      comprehend?

      how can i use the cds i have to install linux.... mebbe some sort of
      a hard disk image etc from the cds....

      pls help..... thanks in advance

      dattatraya
    • madgoks
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        hi....

        i seem to have run into a problem....

        a friend of mine used a high speed connection to download rh7.3 and
        burnt the required cds for me..... when i begin installation on the
        i82k that the comp boots from the cd and i get to choose the
        installation language etc and then it tells me to put the red hat
        linux installation cd into the cdrom... i'm lost. i tried copying
        all the contents of the redhat directory onto a fat32 partition and
        opting for a hard disk install and i get a message that says the
        relevant partition does not contain any boot images......

        how do i work around... any way i can get my stuff up n working....?
        btw i have abt 500mb of unpartitioned space at the beginning of the
        drive... i had planned to make it a s2d partition....

        any help would be welcome..

        dattatraya
      • Stephen Lau
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          it sounds like your cd images might be screwed up.
          try doing the 'linux mediacheck' boot.

          -steve

          stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21
          http://www.whacked.net/oss/ldl