Suse DVD Installation issues on C840

  • lucabotti
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 5:09 AM
      Hi all,

      ia am not able to install the Suse Linux (8.0) from the DVD. It
      boots, but, when entring Yast for the setup, it cannot read the
      package list and descritption.

      I receive error messages stating that i am trying to read over the
      end of the device, so my comprehension here is that the Samsung sn-
      308b Drive gives uncorrect info to the Driver.

      Note that i am able to install from CDs, but i anyway would like an
      answer.

      Any help???
    • Mark Pledger
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 9:29 AM
        Try the fall back of using disk 1 or disk 2 in lieu of
        dvd.

        http://health.yahoo.com