802.11b NIC

  • no_mates_norm
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm looking to get a wirless network set up. I have an i4100, what
      NIC would people reccomend, so far as I have figured the Prism chip
      is the easiest to get running under Linux. I'm running MD8.1

      Cheers
      Norm.
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        I think the easiest is a toss-up between the intersil prism2 and any of the
        lucent wavelanIEEE/orinoco chipsets.

        cheers,
        steve

        --
        stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21
        http://www.whacked.net/oss/ldl
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
          --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "no_mates_norm" <n.mckissick@n...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I'm looking to get a wirless network set up. I have an i4100, what
          > NIC would people reccomend, so far as I have figured the Prism chip
          > is the easiest to get running under Linux. I'm running MD8.1
          >
          > Cheers
          > Norm.

          I would recommend the ORiNOCO RG kit which comes with the access point
          and the ORiNOCO GOLD Series 802.11b card.