Re: Remote X sessions (remote desktops?)

  • drmali2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2002
      I used the hint below on Xnest to get kde desktop on cygwin running
      on windows xp.

      $Xnest -geometry 1250x950 :2 & ; this causes a new window to open up
      with a separate X server/client, but without a window manager.
      (executing kdestart main cygwin console caused fvwm to be used. Some
      icons were missing on kde panel and windows)

      launched a xterm in the Xnest window

      $xterm -display :2 &

      in this xterm, connected to remote linux computer using ssh with X
      option

      After getting secure connection, I executed kdestart on the remote
      computer. This caused kde associated window manager to be launched.
      kde desktop is displayed properly on client computer.

      Ali