inspiron2600 display problem

  • drmali2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2002

      i am getting 1024x768 resolution, but the contents in the windows are
      not displayed properly. A few lines of pixels get repeated vertically,
      and overwrites the contents below these lines. I am attaching the
      xconfig file. Can anyone please let me know what is wrong with it. I
      have installed RH7.3 dual booted with windows xp.

      Thanks

      # XFree86 4.2.0 configuration generated by Xconfigurator 4.10.7

      Section "ServerLayout"
      Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
      Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
      InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
      InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
      EndSection

      # Red Hat Linux 6.0 and later use the xfs font server for improved
      # interactive performance

      Section "Files"
      FontPath "unix/:7100"
      EndSection

      # Module loading section

      Section "Module"
      Load "dbe" # Double-buffering
      Load "GLcore" # OpenGL support
      Load "dri" # Direct rendering infrastructure
      Load "glx" # OpenGL X protocol interface
      Load "extmod" # Misc. required extensions
      Load "v4l" # Video4Linux
      # Load "record" # X event recorder
      # You only need the following two modules if you do not use xfs.
      # Load "freetype" # TrueType font handler
      # Load "type1" # Adobe Type 1 font handler
      EndSection

      Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier "Keyboard0"
      Driver "keyboard"
      Option "XkbLayout" "us"
      EndSection

      Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier "Mouse0"
      Driver "mouse"
      Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
      Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
      Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      EndSection

      Section "Monitor"
      Identifier "Dell 1024X Laptop Display Panel"
      VendorName "Unknown"
      ModelName "Unknown"
      HorizSync 31.5-48.5
      VertRefresh 59.0-75.0
      Option "dpms"
      EndSection

      Section "Device"
      Identifier "Intel Corp.|82830 CGC [Chipset Graphics "
      Driver "i810"
      BoardName "Unknown"
      VideoRam 32768
      EndSection

      Section "Device"
      Identifier "Linux Frame Buffer"
      Driver "fbdev"
      BoardName "Unknown"
      EndSection

      Section "Screen"
      Identifier "Screen0"
      Device "Intel Corp.|82830 CGC [Chipset Graphics "
      Monitor "Dell 1024X Laptop Display Panel"
      DefaultDepth 8
      Subsection "Display"
      Depth 8
      Modes "1024x768"