Re: [linux-dell-laptops] (fwd) S2D with ATI R128

  • Ryurick M. Hristev
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
      On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Neil wrote:

      [...]

      > In the FAQ it briefly mentions I have to unload the agpgart and r128

      I don't think so, I certainly don't do it myself but OTOH I am not using DRI.

      > modules. Now, I can only do than when X is not running, right? Is there a
      > chance to do a S2D with X running as well?

      I had no troubles at all, except for one thing:
      Apparently Xv is not restored/reinitialized properly so if you want to use
      xine or whatever you have to restart X (this may be xine related but I doubt
      it, couldn't make Xv to work without restarting X, anybody knows ?)

      It is not clear to me if this is a BIOS bug (not saving/restoring the video
      memory/registers properly) or an Xv bug (or whatever).

      Cheers,
      --
      Ryurick M. Hristev mailto:r.hristev@...
      Computer Systems Manager