Re: [linux-dell-laptops] SuSE 8.0 on I4100

  • Mitch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hi Peer,

      for me SuSE 8.0 worked fine on the I4100 - it needed just a little tweaking on
      PCMCIA. I had to start the installation with the bootparameter "nopcmcia=yes"
      to avoid a complete lockup during the first boot-up, and a few changes to a
      pcmcia-config file as described in the LDL-FAQ. Now it works fine.
      AFAIR everything else worked out-of-the-box (except the internal modem, which
      doesn't seem to work with linux, although I remember someone wrote on this
      topic here in the list).
      Further questions?

      Mitch