Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Huge Fonts after enabling DRI

  • Angelika
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2002

      thanks for the link. That seems to have helped. Another thing that
      helped: Installing the 100dpi fonts. SuSE didn't install them by
      default. This is the umpteenth time I've assumed something is there when
      it's not. I start to get frustrated. I think I'll try RedHat next.

      Anyway, I've set my fonts to Tahoma 7 and now it looks quite proper.
      Only Netscape6 is not behaving yet. I don't know where from it deduces
      what font size to use for the menu etc. but I'm determined to find out.

      I'm still wondering how I caused this mess in the first place.

      Thanks for your help,
      Angelika.

      Am Die, 2002-07-02 um 10.16 schrieb Markus Kohli:
      > Hm.. Don't remember that exactly.
      > Try this link:
      > http://patriot.net/~scoile/fonts/fixing-2.html
      >
      > Good luck ;-)
      >
      > --
      > Sufficiently Advanced Technology: the Gathering.

    • Markus Kohli
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2002
        Concerning Netscape 6:
        Go to "Edit" -> "Preferences" -> "Appearance" -> "Fonts" and then have a look
        at the Button all the way down. There's a dropdown menu, letting you choose
        screen-resolution (dpi)...

        That might help, too...

        Markus

        --
        Disclammer: Clams, begone!
      • Domsalla, Thorsten
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2002
          Hello Angelika,

          > everything. It seems that Helvetica size 12 does not exist
          > any more and thus it uses 14 or something. Anyway, I had to

          once upon a time I had a similar issue in KDE2. Turning off antialiased
          fonts worked for me. But, I'm really unsure about this in KDE3.

          TJ
        • Angelika
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2002
            Hello,

            thanks for the tips, neither worked though... I think there's still
            something fishy with the fonts on my box.

            Thank you for your efforts though,
            Angelika.
          • Markus Kohli
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2002
              Now, that might sound stupid, and maybe you already mentioned that...
              Did you download the msttfonts?
              command is "fetchmsttfonts"

              Anti-Aliasing without those fonts is like, uhm... Well. I can't think of an
              appropriate word usable in public... ;-)

              Am Dienstag, 2. Juli 2002 13.20 schrieb Angelika:
              > Hello,
              >
              > thanks for the tips, neither worked though... I think there's still
              > something fishy with the fonts on my box.
              >
              > Thank you for your efforts though,
              > Angelika.

              ...ebius tagline. This is a moebius tagline. This is a mo...
            • Stephen Lau
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2002
                try startx -- -dpi 100

                cheers,