OT: Loose Keyboard

  • jamesots
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hi,

      I know this is off topic, as it doesn't concern linux, but since I'm in the
      group I'll post anyway...

      The keyboard on my 8200 seems to be loose at the bottom right where the cursor
      keys are - it can move up and down a few millimetres. Is this normal, or
      should I try and fix it? (I'm not sending it back to Dell - they took a month
      to deliver it in the first place).

      --
      Cheers
      James Ots
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
        Hi

        The Keyboard on my 8200 has the same problem, I already disassembled the
        keyboard (4x "K" - Screws on the bottom of the Laptop) and reassembled it,
        but the problem still exists. I think that even a replacement of the whole
        notebook would bring nothin. :-((

        Maybe you can place something under the arrow keys to avoid the clicking
        noise, but I have already given up this case...

        Gottfried Mayer

        > I know this is off topic, as it doesn't concern linux, but since I'm in
        the
        > group I'll post anyway...
        >
        > The keyboard on my 8200 seems to be loose at the bottom right where the
        cursor
        > keys are - it can move up and down a few millimetres. Is this normal, or
        > should I try and fix it? (I'm not sending it back to Dell - they took a
        month
        > to deliver it in the first place).
        >
        > --
        > Cheers
        > James Ots
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • gautur
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
          Same problem here. Good to know that disassembling does not solve the problem--now I don't have to do that :)

          I was thinking that a carefully placed drop of super-glue might do the trick--a bit low-tech, but might be effective.