Re: [linux-dell-laptops] RH Linux on Dell Inspiron 8100.

  • Joe Testa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      yes i'm running 7.3 on i8100 right now(as i'm typing this message from it).

      feel free to email me direct, i'm using the nvidia drivers and have to
      recompile them on every reboot(been too busy/lazy) to figure out why.

      joe

      premvj wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Has anyone been able to successfully install RH Linux 7.2 or 7.3 on
      > Dell Inspiron 8100. I am having trouble with the X. It doesn't start
      > at all.
      >
      > Any pointers/help greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Wanting to Load Linux on my Laptop,
      > Sylvanus.
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > Click Here!
      > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=225001.2174133.3620975.1971030/D=egroupweb/S=1708211820:HM/A=1044510/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/grp/300_g2_01/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

    • epark
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Do you have Nvidia on your laptop?

        If yes, check this out:
        http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/redhat72-install-
        HOWTO.html#X_Windows_Configuration

        Cheers,
        Ed

        P.S. Anyone know how to prevent line splitting from happening in
        these emails? It screws up URLs I post.

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "premvj" <premvj@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Has anyone been able to successfully install RH Linux 7.2 or 7.3 on
        > Dell Inspiron 8100. I am having trouble with the X. It doesn't
        start
        > at all.
        >
        > Any pointers/help greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Wanting to Load Linux on my Laptop,