Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 5000e display identification?

  • Jay Maynard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 5:21 AM
      On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 09:09:02AM +0200, Francesco Corona wrote:
      > 1.
      > http://support.dell.com
      > here, you need to log in using your computer service tag
      > (this can be found on a sticker at the bottom of the notebook
      > and somewhere in the bios setup screen as well) and browse
      > thru documentation. this link will also provide you other
      > specific information about your very own computer.

      Nice site. Unfortunately, it will only show system configuration by
      downloading a Windows application. Is there a cross-reference somewhere from
      service tag to standard configuration? Mine's 96B6301.

      > 2.
      > http://www.google.com/search?q=%20inspiron%205000e%2015%20display
      > no need to login here, but still a great basin of informations. and, wow, a
      > very whole _LOT_ of links about the i5ke and its monitor.

      Like drinking from a firehose, and nothing I could find specifically about
      identifying which monitor I've got.

      Thanks...
    • Jay Maynard
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 4:52 PM
        On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 04:44:32PM +0200, Francesco Corona wrote:
        > I allowed myself to log in to support.dell.com with your service tag; as for
        > the 15'' display, it says Inspirons 5000e come in thee different versions LT,
        > VT and U (Documentation -> Technical Overview -> LCD Panels or:
        > http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/pblan/overview.htm#lcd )

        I'd found this much, but couldn't see just where the ddesignator was
        displayed...

        > myself as an owner of plain inspiron 5000 gathers this information from the
        > very first screen it displays when I switch my laptop on. it goes something
        > like: Inspiron 5000 G600VT Bios Revision A08

        On this box, it displays the pretty Dell startup screen; you have to hit F2
        and read fast to see the message.

        Mine's an Inspiron 5000e G700LT, so it's got a 1024x768 screen.

        Thanks for the help.