how can I change the bios - splash - screen on my inspirion 8200

  • fuse314
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2002
      Hi Group

      In "Filex" -> "Miscellaneous Utilities" -> "bios_splash_images" are
      bios splash images in bmp - format.

      How can I tell my laptop to use my own (or downloaded) bmp - file?

      Has Anyone actually done this, or is it just a joke of some sort?

      Thanks.
      Gottfried
    • Angelika
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2002
        > In "Filex" -> "Miscellaneous Utilities" -> "bios_splash_images" are
        > bios splash images in bmp - format.
        >
        > How can I tell my laptop to use my own (or downloaded) bmp - file?
        >
        > Has Anyone actually done this, or is it just a joke of some sort?
        Yes I have and no, it's not. However, I've got an i8k. When booting mine
        now displays in friendly letters ¨Don't Panic.¨

        Get the file dellutil.tar.gz, extract it and create a boot disk. The
        splash utility is on that disk along the files necessary for creating
        s2d partitions. For how to change the splash, read the readme file.
        BTW: THANK YOU to whoever put this disk together. Saved me a lot of time
        and helped a lot.

        Have fun,
        Angelika.