Re: [linux-dell-laptops] i8kmon/fan seems to be overruled (I4100, currently A03)

  • Peter Møller Neergaard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2002
      On June 27, 2002, you wrote:

      SS> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:12:06 -0400 "Peter Møller Neergaard"
      SS> <turtle@...> wrote:

      SS> Did you have some problems with the fans always on when you resume
      SS> with the A03 bios version ?

      No.

      In some sense A03 have been the most stable of the versions I have
      tried so far (A03, A04, A06, and A08):
      - I don't have problems with not being able to resume from a suspend
      (with A04 and A06 I ended up rebooting the machine every fourth
      suspend or so).
      - I have not experienced the fan speed stuck after resume (which
      occured on every fourth suspend with A06 and A08).

      So my only problem currently is that i8kmon don't really have control
      over the fan. I will try to see what happens if I simply do not start
      i8kmon.

      /Peter
      --
      http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
      ``When you have had all the experiences, met all the famous people,