Re: how warm should a I81k run? and i4100: fan stuck on after suspend.

  • Nathan Stratton Treadway
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2002
      On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 09:12:46AM +1200, Ryurick M. Hristev wrote:
      > On Fri, 17 May 2002, mannylinkerus wrote:
      >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > In this context, on my I4100 with bios a07, after longer
      > > (~50m) suspends, it wakes up with temp=85, and fan running
      > > fast. Anyone else notice this problem on the latest bios
      > > upgrades? Mine came with a07, I reverted to a06 (you
      > > have to manually run the I4100.... file on the bios boot floppy
      > > for that), and so far I haven't had the problem again.
      >
      > OK, so far it seems it happens to: i4100, i8100 (elsewere on this
      > mail list) and i8000 (mine), with the new batch of BIOS upgrades.
      >
      > As I already said previously contact the Dell tech support
      > maybe they will relese a fix in the next upgrade.

      In case it helps anyone, I was having this "temp=85 and fans running"
      problem on my I8000 with BIOS A18. I just (10 minutes ago) downloaded
      BIOS A20 (release date May 7, 2002) from the Dell support site and
      installed it, and it seems to have fixed the problem. I was even able
      to Suspend while plugged in and resume while on battery without any
      trouble...

      However, for some reason the download file (I80-A20.exe) was not found
      when I chose to download from either the "Americas" or "Http downloads"
      locations. I did find the file on the "Europe" location, and that's
      what I installed.

      Nathan
      Nathan Stratton Treadway | Ray Ontko & Co. | Software consulting services
      nathant@... | Richmond, IN | http://www.ontko.com/