Re: xfs, unix/:7100

  • cmsnell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "chirohnd" <chirohnd@d...> wrote:
      > On starting X, I get the nvidia logo screen, after which X crashes
      > with an error that it cannot find unix:/7100 and hence it is not
      > loaded. It also cannot load the default font 'fixed', which, I
      > understand to be a result of the same.
      > I use RH 7.3 and its manuals suggest i make sure xfs is on, which
      it
      > is but that does not fix the problem. What do i do?
      > Thanks
      > Chirag

      I just had this very problem earlier this morning. Are you possibly
      using Mr. Gordon's XF86Config-4 file he posted on his website? I am.
      Anyway, change the "unix:/7100" to read "unix:-1", and that part
      should be fixed. As far as loading the "fixed" font, I just
      commented out the lines in the "Modules" part of the file that I
      didn't need yet, and all works great. Now if I can only get the wlan
      nic to pick up dhcp...

      chris