xfs, unix/:7100

  • chirohnd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      On starting X, I get the nvidia logo screen, after which X crashes
      with an error that it cannot find unix:/7100 and hence it is not
      loaded. It also cannot load the default font 'fixed', which, I
      understand to be a result of the same.
      I use RH 7.3 and its manuals suggest i make sure xfs is on, which it
      is but that does not fix the problem. What do i do?
      Thanks
      Chirag
    • cmsnell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "chirohnd" <chirohnd@d...> wrote:
        > On starting X, I get the nvidia logo screen, after which X crashes
        > with an error that it cannot find unix:/7100 and hence it is not
        > loaded. It also cannot load the default font 'fixed', which, I
        > understand to be a result of the same.
        > I use RH 7.3 and its manuals suggest i make sure xfs is on, which
        it
        > is but that does not fix the problem. What do i do?
        > Thanks
        > Chirag

        I just had this very problem earlier this morning. Are you possibly
        using Mr. Gordon's XF86Config-4 file he posted on his website? I am.
        Anyway, change the "unix:/7100" to read "unix:-1", and that part
        should be fixed. As far as loading the "fixed" font, I just
        commented out the lines in the "Modules" part of the file that I
        didn't need yet, and all works great. Now if I can only get the wlan
        nic to pick up dhcp...

        chris