Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Gentoo - setup of USB mouse

  • Rodney _meff_ Gordon II
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2002
      you need to mount usbdevfs
      or just install the hotplug scripts at the linux-usb site

      you can also just put it in your fstab

      mount usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb

      make the device in /dev if your not using devfs..
      mknod /dev/input/mice c 13 63

      then use /dev/input/mice ...

      more help on my page or at linux-usb site :)

      -r

      Rick Barnes (ribarnes@...) wrote:
      > hello,
      > I just installed Gentoo on my i8100 and install was a breeze except that I am
      > having trouble getting a USB mouse working. With modules hid, input and uhci
      > loaded, dmesg gives:
      >
      > input0,hiddev0: USB HID v1.00 Mouse [A4Tech USB Optical Mouse] on usb1:2.0
      >
      > but I can't seem to find a dev to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > TIA
      > rick

      > "Can Jesus microwave a Hot pocket so hot that even he could not eat it?"
      > -Homer Simpson

      Rodney "meff" Gordon II - meff@...

      -->
      When you dial a wrong number you never get a busy signal.