Re: [linux-dell-laptops] XF86Config Files

  • Francesco Corona
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2002
      mdk 8.0 comes with both XF3 (3.3.6) and XF4 (4.0.3). now, given that you are
      running XF3 but you also have XF4 installed (or available on CDs), on mdk
      you'll able to do a quick&dirty setup of your X environment just by clicking
      around as follows:

      1. Mandrake Control Center
      2. Hardware
      3. Display -> Expert Mode

      'Expert Mode' is where you want to make your changes.
      mandrake is taking care of everything for you but, pretty sure, you won't be
      getting any working system as far as it is concerned with X.
      in order to get your card and display working full bore you'll be needing to
      do some manual configuration.
      mdk is now out with release 8.2 or something, getting a newer version makes
      things go smoother, probably.
      since I don't have an i8k and a gf2g card either, this all was just a guess.

      f.