Re: Linux Mandrake 8.2

  • ranxerox2
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2002
      Look under the 'Generic' section when choosing monitor.....choose
      'Generic Flatpanel XXXX x XXXX'......for my 8100 i used 'Generic
      Flatpanel 1400 x 1050'.....depending on your flatpanel it may or may
      not be a hassle getting it to run at native resolution w/o nvidia
      drivers, your modelines in xfconfig4 file may get messed up........i
      recommend installing nvidia drivers right after install.......just
      have them ready on a cd and when you get to xfree config, just select
      your monitor, set your native res, but don't test config and don't
      startx either, just reboot and then install nvidia drivers at command
      line...startx and your there..........