[linux-dell-laptops] sound problem on latitude CPi A

  • stoica@wnet.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 1999
      I have a Latitude CPi A300ST and I installed Red Hat 6.0 on it. I have
      problems configuring the sound. My audio card is NeoMagic MagicMedia
      256AV. Any suggestions? I would be grateful for nay kind of help.
      Thank you!

      Dragos Stoica

      stoica@...

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops
    • neil@thump.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 1999
        <7mfud2$r6j-@egroups.com> wrote:
        =13
        > I have a Latitude CPi A300ST and I installed Red Hat 6.0 on it. I have
        > problems configuring the sound. My audio card is NeoMagic MagicMedia
        > 256AV. Any suggestions? I would be grateful for nay kind of help.
        > Thank you!

        this is a very late reply but according to all sources i've found there
        is no driver for the neomagic 256, or any other way to get it to work
        except I saw one mention that there is an unsupported driver from
        www.opensound.com.

        Seemingly neomagic haven't supplied any info to the linux community to
        make a driver.

        Neil
      • c_ryan_barnes@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 1999
          nei-@... wrote:
          =34
          > <7mfud2$r6j-@egroups.com> wrote:
          > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?sta
          rt
          > =13
          > > I have a Latitude CPi A300ST and I installed Red Hat 6.0 on it. I
          have
          > > problems configuring the sound. My audio card is NeoMagic MagicMedia
          > > 256AV. Any suggestions? I would be grateful for nay kind of help.
          > > Thank you!
          >
          > this is a very late reply but according to all sources i've found
          there
          > is no driver for the neomagic 256, or any other way to get it to work
          > except I saw one mention that there is an unsupported driver from
          > www.opensound.com.
          >
          > Seemingly neomagic haven't supplied any info to the linux community to
          > make a driver.
          >
          > Neil

          I am new to Linux so this is late. I sent an email to NeoMagic and
          they have provided driver support for their video cards for X v. 3.3.x.
          But, the tech support person said sound was still not available.

          For whatever it's worth, hope it helps. I am installing RedHat 6.1
          tonight.
        • Jaime M. Garmendia
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2000
            There is a documented way of getting sound to work in Dell's CPi's,
            look at

            http://www.radcyberzine.com/linux/linux-dell.html

            for details.

            Jaime

            c_ryan_barne-@... wrote:
            =164
            > nei-@... wrote:
            > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?sta
            rt
            > =34
            > > <7mfud2$r6j-@egroups.com> wrote:
            > > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?s
            ta
            > rt
            > > =13
            > > > I have a Latitude CPi A300ST and I installed Red Hat 6.0 on it. I
            > have
            > > > problems configuring the sound. My audio card is NeoMagic
            MagicMedia
            > > > 256AV. Any suggestions? I would be grateful for nay kind of help.
            > > > Thank you!
            > >
            > > this is a very late reply but according to all sources i've found
            > there
            > > is no driver for the neomagic 256, or any other way to get it to
            work
            > > except I saw one mention that there is an unsupported driver from
            > > www.opensound.com.
            > >
            > > Seemingly neomagic haven't supplied any info to the linux community
            > > make a driver.
            > >
            > > Neil
            > >

            > I am new to Linux so this is late. I sent an email to NeoMagic and
            > they have provided driver support for their video cards for X v.
            3.3.x.
            > But, the tech support person said sound was still not available.
            >
            > For whatever it's worth, hope it helps. I am installing RedHat 6.1
            > tonight.

          • Neil
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2000
              On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 07:04:24 -0800, you wrote:

              >There is a documented way of getting sound to work in Dell's CPi's,
              >look at
              >
              >http://www.radcyberzine.com/linux/linux-dell.html

              A useful link

              .... any more useful links, PLEASE add them to the group links page:

              http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/info.html

              Thanks

              Neil