Re: Missing GNOME Toolbar at bottom

  • keithz5@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2000
      Can you give out some details on where and how...
      Wagner mentioned that helix Gnome would do it, but
      I still did not figure out how to install it.
      I have not set up my modem yet, so can I just download
      all the packages (from office) and do a "rpm -i" ??
      The system gave me some warnings on "file conflictions",
      so I was too scary to continue(the installation file
      downloaded from helix web site did not work either, don't know
      why?).

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, tgagne@e... wrote:
      > Nevermind. Looking around in here I discovered getting the latest
      > version GNOME would fix my problem, and it did. And it was easy,
      too!
    • tgagne@efinnet.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2000
        Go to www.gnome.org. There's a link on the lh-side, "Get GNome". It
        takes you to www.helixgnome.org, where you select your OS. The next
        screen gives you a lynx command to run that will download *everything*
        you need. If all you have is a modem connection it will probably take
        you a couple hours to get it all. It took several minutes (maybe 30
        or so) with an SDSL 384/384 line.