Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 3800 RH 7

  • Stefano
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
      On Sunday 29/10/2000, Max R. Andersen wrote:

      > > On my system X currently works with v4.0.1 and v3.3.6, but i'm
      > > still using 3.3.6 because it offers accelerated support to the
      > > video chipset.

      from http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/Status6.html#6

      3.3.6:
      Accelerated support is provided for [...] Rage Mobility (LM, LN,
      LR, LS) (by the XF86_Mach64 server).

      4.0.1:
      Accelerated support is provided for the Rage 128 chips by the
      "r128" driver. Accelerated support is provided for the Mach64
      Rage variants by the "ati" driver. Unaccelerated support is
      provided for all of the others except the Mach8 and some early
      Mach32 chips by the "ati" driver.

      Mach8 and some old Mach32 chips. The support in 4.0.1 is,
      however, unaccelerated for all chips except the Mach64, Rage and
      Rage 128 variants.

      But, personally, i can't see the difference between accelerated
      3.3.6 and unaccelerated 4.0.1.

      Stefano