Missing GNOME Toolbar at bottom

  • tgagne@efinnet.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2000
      We've been struggling with X on the 5000e (works fine on 5000) but now
      that we've finally gotten the screen up, the GNOME toolbar which
      normally appears at the bottom of the window is nowhere to be found.
      Has anybody else had this problem?
    • tgagne@efinnet.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2000
        Nevermind. Looking around in here I discovered getting the latest
        version GNOME would fix my problem, and it did. And it was easy, too!
      • keithz5@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2000
          Can you give out some details on where and how...
          Wagner mentioned that helix Gnome would do it, but
          I still did not figure out how to install it.
          I have not set up my modem yet, so can I just download
          all the packages (from office) and do a "rpm -i" ??
          The system gave me some warnings on "file conflictions",
          so I was too scary to continue(the installation file
          downloaded from helix web site did not work either, don't know
          why?).

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2000
            Go to www.gnome.org. There's a link on the lh-side, "Get GNome". It
            takes you to www.helixgnome.org, where you select your OS. The next
            screen gives you a lynx command to run that will download *everything*
            you need. If all you have is a modem connection it will probably take
            you a couple hours to get it all. It took several minutes (maybe 30
            or so) with an SDSL 384/384 line.