Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Flickering on i8100

  • Teemu Torma
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2002
      On Monday 06 May 2002 01:30, mitch_keller wrote:
      > I just got my new i8100 up and running. After much fighting with the
      > kernel to get it to have working network support (don't ask me why it
      > wasn't working), I now have the NVidia drivers installed and XFree86
      > running with Gnome/Sawfish. Things worked fine for awhile, but now I'm
      > on battery power (don't know if that has any relation to it right now)
      > and there are strange short white lines flickering at the left side of
      > the screen, probably about 3/4" long at the most. It only happens on
      > viewports where I have apps open. If anybody knows anything about
      > this, please let me know. (I can provide more information, but I'm not
      > sure what is relevant right now.)

      I have observed the same thing on my i8k. It seems to start after few minutes
      (well, maybe 10) after starting the X server. I am using the latest drivers.
      I did not notice this behavior in 15xx drivers, and did send a message to
      nvidia linux bugs mailing address, but never received a reply.

      For me, it does not matter whether running on battery or on A/C, and it is
      always happening after the first minutes, but is really visible only if the
      there is something with high-contrast on the right hand of the screen.

      Teemu