Kernel 2.4.18

  • Angelika Fochler
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2002

      Hello everybody,

      I've not been following the list for a while now but now that I not only have the all new and improved SuSE 8.0 but also have the time to install it, me and my problems are back ;-)

      First, I have to say, installing the new version went smooth. Totally. No glitches like the pcmcia hang or any problems with unplugging, closing the lid, console blanking etc. during the install (that made me go through the list of packages thrice with 7.3) and also while running the SuSE stock kernel.

      I have the i8k w. 800MHz, 256MB Ram, ATI graphics adapter. Oh, and Bios A17 after downgrading from A19 again (that really sucked on this machine).

      Now to my problem: I put together a new kernel which produces a blank screen with the caps- and scroll lock leds flashing right after where it says ¨loading linux................". That's a new master piece of mine. Usually they panic.

      Anybody any ideas? I assume that it's something terribly basic, like some wrong frame buffer or whatever is responsible for displaying the splash screen while booting.

      Any help would be appreciated.
      Angelika.