Re: Linksys WPC11 Card Trouble -got it

  • kev0153
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2002
      O got it working with the prism_2 driver. I had a typo on my
      ifcg-wlan0 file. I had 192.169.1.3 instead of 192.168.1.3. Damn up
      all night trying to figure that one out. Anyway not I am going to try
      wep and myabe get the dhcp thing working.

      -- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "kev0153" <kclark@h...> wrote:
      > I saw your post and tried the steps you took. Could not get it to
      > work with redhat 7.2. I had better luck with prism2 driver. I will
      > try again.
      >
      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "ranxerox2" <andys@p...> wrote:
      > > look back for a post i made about Linksys WPC11 v2.5........i listed
      > > some instructions and it runs perfectly for me under Mandrake 8.2.....
      > > i don't think prism2 is the right way to go........i use the
      orinoco_cs
      > > drivers and i get perfect functionality, i can even run 128bit WEP.
    • ranxerox2
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2002
        Ok that's good, heheh i did the same thing when i enabled the 128wep
        on mine....didn't realize i punched a wrong character in the string
        and proceeded to waste megatime trying to figure what was up. Sorry i
        wasn't much help.
      • kev0153
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2002
          Actually your previous post was pretty helpful in a few ways. Just
          couldn't get it working with that particular driver for some reason.
          It's working now so that's good enough for me.