Now I need some help for Wireless

  • EStoeckle
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      I have my Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop running Mandrake 8.2 with KDE3.0
      and everything works! Video, Sound, Microphone, USB mouse, and my
      network cards work.

      BUT...

      I am new to the linux wireless configuration and for some reason I
      can not get my SMC Wireless card to work with WEP encryption. It
      works fine without the WEP but for some reason it does not work WEP.
      I put in the /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts file the line

      KEY="s:encryption_key"

      but it does not work.
      Anyone else done this?
      Thanks