Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Framebuffer on i8k2

  • Swen Thuemmler
    Message 1 of 19 , May 2 12:12 AM
      On 2 May 2002, Nils-Anders Duesund Nottseter wrote:

      > Great that somebody found some facts.
      > Can anybody with gf2go or gf4go and suse find out what the numbers are
      > for nvidia?

      Hi,

      on my i8k, the numbers are 837 and 838 (8bpp and 16bpp). Unfortunately it
      does not work for me: the resolution is set to 1600x1200, but there seems
      to be a problem with font sizes: it seems as if the font would use only
      every second pixel, so that the font is 4 times as large. Additionally,
      there are a lot of extra pixels somewhere on the screen (like white
      noise), so it is unusable this way.

      Has anybody a solution for this?

      --Swen