Re: [linux-dell-laptops] bare system

  • Gabriele Giambonini
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2002
      On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:49:59 -0400 (CLT)
      MEGEVAND Denis <denis.megevand@...> wrote:

      > > > Sadly, Dell is a solidly a M$ lackey company, they won't give you any
      > > > h/w without paying the M$ tax.
      > >
      > > But you can have a refund: For WindowsME on my Inspiron8100 I recevied
      > > back about 130 Swiss Francs !
      >
      > How did you obtain that from Dell ?

      Yes, directly.

      > Did you contact a specific service or just Dell Switzerland ?

      First a called the Customer Support Switzerland (As said in the EULA :-)),
      but nobody was able to help me. Then, after 3 or 4 EMails to Customer
      Service Switzerland, I received the instructions how to send the CD of
      Windows to Dell. After some months (And 5-6 Email), I finally received a
      paper to fill in order to reiceive the money on my Bank account. That's it,
      I bought the PC on November and received the money on April.

      > I would be interested in such a refund for the
      > not used Xp I got with my Inspiron 8200.

      Do it, with the money you can buy SuSE8.0, an optical mouse and some pizzas
      :-) I think XP is more eXPensive :) than WinME, maybe you can have more
      than a pizza :-)

      --
      __ (o_
      |__|iambo mailto:gabriele@... V_/_