[linux-dell-laptops] Réf. : Unable to boot from hard disk.

  • Frederic CORNE
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 1999
      I have installed a tri-boot W98-NT-LinuxMandrake on a 10Go disk
      first W98 than NT than Linux.
      It is the NT bootloader which is used.

      When I installed Linux , I used fdisk to partitions the free part of the
      disk
      And at the first reboot I have a "INVALID PARTITION TABLE"
      Big panic !
      I reboot on linux with the floopy and all is OK ????

      Then I read the man page of fdisk carefully and I see that the authors
      advise in case of problem to use cfdisk and than fdisk.
      So I use cfdisk to simply read the partition table and write it without
      modifing anything.

      reboot , and all work fine now ...

      Hope this helps...

      FC