Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: How to control the fans I8k?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2002
      Install the kernel-source and kernel-header RPM's. cd to
      /usr/src/linux, then type some variation of the following:

      make xconfig
      make dep
      make clean
      make bzImage
      make modules
      make modules_install

      KEEP YOU ORIGINAL KERNEL, JUST IN CASE. "cp
      /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/newkernel" and modify your
      boot loader's config file (/etc/lilo.conf or /boot/grub/menu.lst) to
      include the new kernel as a boot option. If you modify lilo.conf,
      make sure you run the lilo command to activate the changes.