How to mount an external SCSI Zip?

  • Craig Hagerman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2000
      Hi all,

      I want to be able to mount an external SCSI Zip drive within Linux. How do I
      find out where in the /dev directory this is? I had thought that SCSI
      devices where something like sda0, sda1, sdb1 and so on, but after trying
      many such entries (unsuccessfully) in the fstab file I am at a lose to know
      where the Zip is showing up. I have a Dell Latitude CP 233 MHZ with a dock.
      The computer is in the dock with the ZIP attached to the SCSI port on the
      dock.

      In general how do you find out where any device is? I have a related problem
      in that I don't know where my ethernet ports are showing up. I have both an
      ethernet card in the laptop and an ethernet port in the dock. I thought that
      they would be something like eth0 in the /dev directory but I don't see such
      a listing.

      Thanks in advance,

      Craig Hagerman