[linux-dell-laptops] APM and tpconfig

  • David Epstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 1999
      I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 running linux.

      I installed tpconfig, maintained by Bruce Kall, and have enjoyed using
      it. tpconfig disables the dreaded "tap mode" on the touchpad. This is
      the mode that interprets taps on the touchpad as mouse clicks. It can
      destroy a whole document by mistake if one's thumb accidentally
      touches the touchpad while you are typing. So it's quite a good idea
      to enable it.

      I have been frustrated by an unfortunate interaction
      with APM. If, as root, I use apm to suspend the machine and then
      restart it, the tap mode is turned on again. If I close the lid and
      then open it, the same thing happens.

      I wonder if there is any fix for this?

      David Epstein

      --
      dbae@...
      Phone: +44-1203-523571 (work) +44-1926-853955 (home) +44-1203-524182 (fax)