Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Dell5000e - German Keyboard

  • Peter B. West
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2000
      hubsi1000@... wrote:

      > hi,
      >
      > have the following laptop:
      >
      > Dell Inspirion 5000e with german keyboard.
      >
      > Problem: Can not use special keys like "AltGr"
      > to get a "@" with AltGr+q if running XFree4.0.1c.
      > Get only a beep. Without XFree there is no problem.

      > Section "InputDevice"
      > Identifier "Keyboard[0]"
      > Driver "keyboard"
      > Option "Protocol" "Standard"
      > Option "AutoRepeat" "250 30"
      > Option "LeftAlt" "Meta"
      > Option "RightAlt" "Meta"
      > Option "XkbLayout" "de"
      > Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
      > Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
      > Option "XkbKeymap" "xfree86(de)"
      > Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
      > EndSection
      >
      > Perhaps somebody can give me a hint or the right section for
      > the input device.
      >
      > Thank you

      Stephan,

      I have a Latitude CPi A400XT, and I am using this in XF86Config-4:

      Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier "Keyboard0"
      Driver "keyboard"
      Option "Protocol" "Standard"
      Option "AutoRepeat" "250 50"
      Option "XLeds" "1 2 3"
      Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
      Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
      Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
      EndSection

      The XLeds is redundant, I think, but this gets the basic keyboard working,
      including the GB variations and the AltGr key. I haven't needed the nodeadkeys
      option for obvious reasons, but I would try with the minimum number of options
      specified to start with.

      Peter
      --
      Peter B. West pbwest@...