Re: Re: Can't see the Panel after installation of Redhat 7 on 5000e. Help!!

  • Dale Southard
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 27, 2000
      For what it's worth, I was seeing similar freeze-ups and funky screen
      colors on my CPx H500GT running Mandrake 7.1 with XF86 4.0. The
      problem went away when I ``disabled'' screen-blanking by setting a
      long BlankTime (2880 minutes) in XF86Config.

      [Actually the long BlankTime is a ``temporary fix'' until I figure out
      something better, but it did resolve the problem for me. YMMV....]

      --

      /* Dale Southard Jr. southard1@... 925-422-1463 */
      /* Computer Scientist, Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative */