[linux-dell-laptops] Swapping Zip & CD

  • kevin@cs.adelaide.edu.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 1999
      Is there a simple way to perform the swap of the Zip & CD in an
      Inspiron 7K?

      I'm looking for a solution which does not involve a re-boot. Seems to
      me a sync(), umount() and then swap should be the rough path, but the
      kernel is reluctant to lose the old association (/dev/hdc is used for
      both).

      Any ideas? [If someone knows you CAN'T do this, let me know that too!!]

      Cheers
      /Kevin