ATI TV out

  • Ryurick M. Hristev
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2002
      Well we can thank our beloved US entertaining industry for bastardizing
      the technology for the whole world:

      From http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/video.html#2.3.1.A.2

      A few word about ATI's TV-out:
      Currently ATI doesn't want to support any of its TV-out chips under Linux. Below is official answer from ATI Inc.:

      > Hello!
      >
      > On your pages you wrote that you support linux developers.
      > Currently I participate with mplayer project (www.mplayerhq.hu)
      > I'm interesting with enabling TV-out on Radeon VE chips during
      > movie playback. I would be glad to add this feature to radeonfb driver
      > (which can be found in CVS tree of mplayer project at main/drivers/radeon).
      > Do I have a chance to get any official technical documenation?
      We will not provide TV out related documents due to macrovision concerns.
      Also mpeg2 decoding is something that we MAY consider in the future but not
      at this current time. This is again due to proprietary and 3rd party
      information.

      Cheers,
      --
      Ryurick M. Hristev mailto:r.hristev@...