OT: Stuck column of pixels + a healing touch

  • Brett Viren
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2000
      Hi all.

      This is slightly off topic, and I hope no one ever needs this info...

      This morning I booted up new I5ke and horror of horrors, there was an
      entire column of stuck pixels staring me in the face right in the
      middle (column ~500 out of 1600) of my screen!

      What followed is to painful to relate in detail (panic neurosis about
      returning the system, loosing shipping costs and getting back a system
      with even more problems).

      However, in the end I was able to fix it by pressing lightly on the
      LCD at the top where the stuck column started. Poof, back to
      normality (for both me and my LCD panel)

      I hope everyone else's LCDs are more robust, but if not, remember this
      trick...

      -Brett.