external monitor with Inspiron 5000 15" screen

  • Annaliese Beery
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2000
      I'm having trouble configuring an external monitor.

      I've set my bios to simultaneously display to the LCD and CRT. The
      external monitor displays my RedHat boot sequence and goes black once X is
      started.

      If I toggle (<fn><f8>) to CRT my screen divides up in about 8 two inch
      repeating sections and I have to restart.

      My XF86Config file has set:
      Monitor "LCD Panel"

      I assume I need to configure the external monitor in there....but don't
      know how. Help? In the archives I only found people who did it with
      docking stations.

      Annaliese