Re: XP upgrade

  • Tim Roberts
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2002
      On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:49:03 -0500, Nebular <nebular@...> wrote:

      >OS X will NOT run on x86 hardware. Although Apple has Open Sourced their
      >kernel, which has allowed for a x86 port, they haven't opened up the higher
      >level toolkits (ie, Carbon, Cocoa and Aqua). So you can get the basic unix
      >system that is OS X but none of their fancy GUI. But then you could always
      >just run X :)

      Yes, you could: XFree86 now supports Darwin.

      --
      - Tim Roberts, timr@...
      Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 22, 2002
        I have a Dell I8000 and I installed Gentoo on it(several times
        actually) and KDE(several times-took longer than the kernel
        install), it never seemed to overheat or behave strangely.

        Kent

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "greenhorn666be" <greenhorn@e...>
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > As gentoo linux has just released it's first release, I thought
        I'll