Re: [linux-dell-laptops] projector help

  • Rajarshi Guha
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
      > I'm running rh7.2 on an Inspiron 4100. I'm having difficulty
      > getting a connection to a computer overhead-projector established.
      > (specifically displaying a staroffice presentation) I have
      > no problems displaying the lcd screen to an external monitor ...
      > but when I attempt to connect to a working projector I get a
      > dreaded 'no signal' response from the projector. Does anybody
      > know if I have to change any specific system settings to establish
      > such a connection. Your help is appreciated.

      On my i8100 I just plug the VGA cable into the laptop, and press Fn+F8 (or
      whatever function key has the CRT/LD function) - it switches to the projector
      output. You'll also want to edit your XF86Config-4 - make sure your default
      resolution in the config file matches the resolution of the projector

      HTH

      Rajarshi Guha | email: rajarshi@...
      417 Davey Laboratory | web : http:// www.jijo.cjb.net
      Dept. Of Chemistry | ICQ : 123242928
      Pennsylvania State University | AIM : LoverOfPanda
      GPG Fingerprint: DCCB 4D1A 5A8B 2F5A B5F6 1F9E CDC4 5574 9017 AF2A
      Public Key : http://pgp.mit.edu/
      "I'd love to go out with you, but there are important world issues that
      need worrying about."
    • frink76
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
        I'm pretty sure that the projector's max resolution is 800x600 ...
        which is below my default (1400x1050) so that's likely the solution.
        Thanks for the help.