projector help

  • frink76
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 2:58 PM
      I'm running rh7.2 on an Inspiron 4100. I'm having difficulty
      getting a connection to a computer overhead-projector established.
      (specifically displaying a staroffice presentation) I have
      no problems displaying the lcd screen to an external monitor ...
      but when I attempt to connect to a working projector I get a
      dreaded 'no signal' response from the projector. Does anybody
      know if I have to change any specific system settings to establish
      such a connection. Your help is appreciated.
    • Rajarshi Guha
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 3:08 PM
        > I'm running rh7.2 on an Inspiron 4100. I'm having difficulty
        > getting a connection to a computer overhead-projector established.
        > (specifically displaying a staroffice presentation) I have
        > no problems displaying the lcd screen to an external monitor ...
        > but when I attempt to connect to a working projector I get a
        > dreaded 'no signal' response from the projector. Does anybody
        > know if I have to change any specific system settings to establish
        > such a connection. Your help is appreciated.

        On my i8100 I just plug the VGA cable into the laptop, and press Fn+F8 (or
        whatever function key has the CRT/LD function) - it switches to the projector
        output. You'll also want to edit your XF86Config-4 - make sure your default
        resolution in the config file matches the resolution of the projector

        HTH

        Rajarshi Guha | email: rajarshi@...
        417 Davey Laboratory | web : http:// www.jijo.cjb.net
        Dept. Of Chemistry | ICQ : 123242928
        Pennsylvania State University | AIM : LoverOfPanda
        GPG Fingerprint: DCCB 4D1A 5A8B 2F5A B5F6 1F9E CDC4 5574 9017 AF2A
        Public Key : http://pgp.mit.edu/
        "I'd love to go out with you, but there are important world issues that
        need worrying about."
      • Stephen Lau
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2 3:18 PM
          it's probably a resolution problem. a lot of projectors can only go up to
          800x600 or 1024x768. have you tried decreasing your resolution?

          -steve

          --
          stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21
          http://www.whacked.net/oss/ldl
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2 3:37 PM
            I'm pretty sure that the projector's max resolution is 800x600 ...
            which is below my default (1400x1050) so that's likely the solution.
            Thanks for the help.