I8.1K + NVIDIA (32MB): kinda of confused on an install

  • IT3 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR-R
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 12:52 AM
      Linux Dell Laptop Users:

      I was attempting to assist a friend today install the Nvidia
      drivers on an I8100 with RedHat 7.2 (totally updated using up2date), and
      the latest NVIDIA drivers.

      I have attached a few of the pertinent files to this email if
      anyone can help me to see what is wrong. Take into consideration that I
      have on my own machine made the NVIDIA 32MB card work with a 1600x1200
      display (which is the same as the friend I have).

      Any ideas?

      Very Respectfully,

      Stuart Blake Tener, IT3 (E-4), USNR-R, N3GWG
      Beverly Hills, California
      VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
      stuart@...
      west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
      east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

      Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
      free!)

      JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

      Monday, April 01, 2002 12:52 AM
    • bh_mayor
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 1:11 AM
        Linux Dell Laptop Users:

        I was attempting to assist a friend today install the
        Nvidia drivers on an I8100 with RedHat 7.2 (totally updated using
        up2date), and the latest NVIDIA drivers.

        I have uploaded a few of the pertinent files to the file
        area if anyone can help me to see what is wrong. Take into
        consideration that I have on my own machine made the NVIDIA 32MB
        card work with a 1600x1200 display (which is the same as the friend
        I have).

        Any ideas?

        Stuart
        Beverly Hills, CA

        P.S. - All files I am referencing are located in "Stuart's file area"
        in the files section.