[linux-dell-laptops] Script help.

  • tjoconnor01@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 1999
      I am using a dynamic IP address and would like to be able to update my
      address onto a webpage everytime I dial into my ISP. Someone suggested
      I write a bash script to do this. But I have no idea where to begin.
      Any suggestions? Thanks. --tj
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 1999
        On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:14:24 -0700, you wrote:

        >I am using a dynamic IP address and would like to be able to update my
        >address onto a webpage everytime I dial into my ISP. Someone suggested
        >I write a bash script to do this. But I have no idea where to begin.
        >Any suggestions? Thanks. --tj

        you might find an answer in comp.os.linux.misc. (newsgroup)

        If you are new to newsgroups try www.deja.com for an introduction and a place to
        read news.

        This mailing list is really for dell specific problems such as X, sound, PCMCIA,
        APM and so on.

        Cheers

        Neil