[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Printer.

  • tjoconnor01@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 1999
      To answer my own question with the HP Deskjet 720C Printer. Apparantly,
      certain HP Printers like the 720C are implemented in software similar
      in manner to winmodems. This causes Linux to recognize but not be able
      to print to the HP Deskjet 720C and similar devices. However, a fix
      does exist. Tim Norman created and published software to solve this
      problem at http://www.httptech.com/ppa/. He also published a lengthy
      explanation that is quite interesting. -tj