Re: Screen Blanking??

  • klkinney
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Frank Lipski <franklipski@y...> wrote:

      > When I am on battery power, my display will go blank when trying to
      > recover from screen saver. I assume that is what it is. It seems
      when
      > I am not using the computer for a period of time, the screen goes to
      > solid color, and I can't see anything. I try to hit any key to get
      out
      > of the screen saver, and the screen behind is blank. I then had to
      > reeboot. I assume there is also a delay "screen blank" when on
      battery
      > somewhere, but I am not sure how to access this. Any info would be
      > great. Frank

      I would love to know if there is a better way, but I went into the
      BIOS (F2 at start-up) and disabled much of the video items and left
      the hard disk on the power management screen. Will wait for nvidia to
      get a APM or BIOS to get APIC???

      I can go in and out of screen saver. I get a battery performance hit,
      but I don't have to reboot. I am not sure of most but I develop
      software with Linux and now somethings but not others and this will be
      a working laptop.

      I also had to make sure that I didn't have any "non-working" or
      configured services loaded. root@XXX]#setup Irda was one that
      conflicted with my sound card setup for example. I will have to check
      the postings for ways to set that up along with the firewire.

      Hope that helps, inform me if there are better ways? klk