i7500 + 2.4.0-test9 + 15" XGA

  • bishrt@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2000
      I am running rh 6.1 + kernel 2.2.14-5.0 and things are working as
      desired. I just bought the Rio500 and rio500.sourceforge.net
      recommended upgrading to kernel 2.3+ instead of "backporting" USB
      support. So I have configured kernel 2.4.0-test9 w/ USB support and
      most FrameBuffer options (Video selection, VESA VGA Console, 4-32 bpp,
      Mach64 server]. I compile the kernel, copy the appropriate files to
      /boot, add another entry to /etc/lilo.conf [using vga=791], and
      reboot ...

      BAM!

      I get the LSH (LCD-induced Screen of Hallucination with pink, gray,
      and white blobs merging and separating over-and-over...).

      Anybody out there see the "cute penguin" for inspirons running 2.4 and
      X? What's your Console Driver kernel configuration?

      always much obliged.
      bashura