Re: Nvidia Cofiguration Help Please

  • kev0153
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2002
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Frank Lipski <franklipski@y...> wrote:
      > I have tried the config twice with no luck.
      >
      > Here is my situation. I have I8100 with red hat 7.2 and the 2.4.7-
      10
      > kernel. I used these two rpms from NVIDIA??
      >
      > NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2313.i386.rpm
      >
      > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2313.rh72up.i386.rpm
      >
      > first off, I need to know if that is correct. I guess I could also
      use
      > some help with how to edit the XF86Config-4, or XF86Config files.
      >
      > I also have the 15in SXGA monitor. Thanks, Frank

      Instead of using the pre-built rpm for the kernel that NVIDIA offers,
      trying building your own from the source rpm. I have always had good
      luck with this method. NVIDIA does a pretty good job in their README
      on how to build and install an rpm from the source. You can still
      use the prebuilt GLX rpm.

      Kevin